All markets experience industry trends, both perils and opportunities. The key to success within any market is not simply navigating trends but getting ahead of the impact. As a Bacillus manufacturer for multiple markets, we tend to see overlap, allowing us to predict and forecast changes.
Today, in the Janitorial and Sanitation industry, many of our partners are discussing trends that are both specific to the industry, and trends impacting markets across the globe.
- Lead Times and Availability
- Supply chain disruptions are felt across nearly all industries. Delays in raw materials, backlogged freight, and the rising demand has resulted in price spikes and the urgent need for replacement options.
- Green Ingredients
- Clean ingredient incentive groups all over the world have taken a hard look at manufacturers of products used for industrial, institutional, janitorial, and commercial cleaning. Of particular interest is the environmental impact these products elicit.
- Labor Shortages
- The Bearu of Labor and Statistics US Bearu Labor report stated that in 2021, 47.8 million and in early 2022, 4.3 million Americans “quit” their jobs. This has been deemed as the “Great Resignation” and because of this, companies are finding it hard to hire talent with the skills needed.
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors are becoming stronger considerations of supplier performance. According to Gartner, 85% of investors considered ESG factors in their investments in 2020.
- Sustainability measurements, such as Environmental score cards, are becoming more of a requirement rather than a preference.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting
- The pandemic caused consumers and businesses to further asses their cleaning routine. Previously seen as the same thing, the need for both cleaning and disinfecting are becoming recognized. The CDC recommends to clean surfaces regularly touched of areas regularly used with products that are meant for that surface.
While getting ahead of a trend can’t prevent it from affecting your business, preparation can make for a more favorable impact. We strive to keep our partners informed with industry insights and emerging trends while staying agile in our own business to reduce the impact of unfavorable changes and capitalize on the positive. At MDG, We Got Your Bac™.
To stay up to date on the latest Industrial and Institutional trends, sign-up for our I&I newsletter.