Job Posting: Wastewater Sales Account Manager - West Coast Region
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
Microbial Discovery Group seeks self-driven, goal-oriented outside sales professional for the wastewater, water treatment, and environmental industries.
The ideal candidate will regularly close business with wastewater, chemical, equipment, and engineering companies. Manages accounts who will partner with MDG to distribute our successful products and treatment programs to the wastewater treatment industry.
- Position available in the west coast territory of the US. Applicants must reside in this region.
- Base salary with uncapped commission plan and opportunities for advancement
- Thorough benefits package
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Regularly prospect, sell to, and service customer distribution partners in the wastewater chemical and equipment industry
- Close new business and hit revenue targets
- Provide regular support and customer service to existing accounts
- Work with technical staff to help train client’s representatives on selling and using MDG products
- Work with customer service & technical service staff to maintain and manage accounts
- 3+ years of B2B sales experience through distribution
- Experience in industrial and/or municipal wastewater markets
- Candidate must demonstrate a track record of closing new business and hitting revenue targets
- Experience with hands-on work in the field with industrial or municipal wastewater
- Experience in microbiology, chemistry, ecology and environmental science
- Social and persuasive personality, with a strong ability to focus and close deals
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Able to build business through Trust, Value, and Relationships
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Computer skills required (Salesforce, Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Availability for overnight, multiple-day travel (50%)
- Candidates must live near a major airport
- Ability to lift 50 lbs occasionally
Culture Index Survey
To apply for a position, please click the “apply” button below and follow instructions to apply through Indeed, please then also copy and paste the link below to apply directly to our website application process. This will also include taking the culture index survey. The culture index survey helps with the process of finding great people. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered. Thank you for your consideration.