Sr. Financial Planning and Analyst – Manufacturing
- January 13, 2023
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
The Sr. FP&A Analyst – Manufacturing is responsible for providing analytical financial insights and financial planning activities that drive the success of our operation. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionality and confidentiality.
- Lead the development, consolidation, and analysis of annual budgets, forecasts, and long-range plans.
- Collaborate with department heads to gather financial inputs and assumptions for accurate projections.
- Develop and maintain detailed financial models to project manufacturing costs, production volumes, and operational expenses.
- Analyze budget variances and provide insights into key drivers impacting financial performance.
- Regularly monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs), identifying trends, opportunities, and risks.
- Prepare comprehensive financial reports and dashboards for senior management, highlighting key performance indicators and financial results.
- Collaborate with operational teams to develop actionable insights and recommendations for cost optimization and efficiency improvements.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of manufacturing costs, including raw materials, labor, overhead, and inventory.
- Collaborate with the procurement and supply chain teams to evaluate cost-saving initiatives and vendor negotiations.
- Create financial models and scenarios to support strategic initiatives and evaluate their potential impact.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of related experience required in working in accounting and supply chain functions.
- Proficiency in financial modeling, data analysis, and advanced Excel skills. Knowledge of financial software and ERP systems is a plus.
- Strong analytical mindset with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present findings to both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
Culture Index Survey
To apply for a position, please click the “apply” button below and follow instructions to apply through Indeed. After submitting your application, follow the “Fill Out Survey” link below to apply directly to our website application process. This will also include taking the culture index survey. The culture index survey helps with the process of finding great people. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered. Thank you for your consideration.