Sales Development Representative - I & I Market
- Justin Reminger
- April 22, 2021
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
MDG is seeking a goal-oriented, self-motivated sales development representative who is passionate about opening doors to new business while staying focused on our vision to Feed, Clean and Save the World.
This position requires the individual to work both independently and collaboratively with Account Executives and other internal teams. MDG is looking for a strong cold-caller with a positive personality who is eager to utilize selling and communication skills to develop sales territories.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Identify, qualify, nurture and follow up on own opportunities
- Consistently and regularly use salesforce.com to provide a timely and accurate report of activity
- High focus on cold-calling and opening doors to new business
- Build relationships via email and phone to generate appointments, leads and manage pipeline
- Support senior account managers on outbound strategies and lead generation
- Work collaboratively with MDG marketing team to gain understandings of target customer and market segments
- Comfortable in discussing and influencing decision-makers over the telephone, email and virtual meetings
- Present MDG product capabilities to potential clients in-person and/or virtually
- Follow the established sales process
- Establish basic understanding of MDG products and services across multiple markets
- Appropriately engage management and staff in the sales cycle and provide on-going feedback to other areas of the organization
- Up to two (2) years in a similar role with a successful track record in which the candidate met or exceeded quota—measured in calls/day, appointments/week, qualification of opportunities, etc.
- Experience in a selling environment with a significant volume of outbound activity
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both in writing and verbally
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM system
- Technical ability to present and manage virtual meeting software (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc).
- Must have a strong desire to keep up-to-date on MDG products and messaging and selling best practices
- Must have a high level of energy with a very positive phone demeanour
- Good general understanding of business processes
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Culture Index Survey
To apply for a position, please click the “apply” button below and follow instructions to apply through Indeed, please then also copy and paste the link below to apply directly to our website application process. This will also include taking the culture index survey. The culture index survey helps with the process of finding great people. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered. Thank you for your consideration.