Sales and Marketing Coordinator
- March 15, 2021
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
MDG is seeking a high-capacity sales and marketing coordinator who is passionate about sales and marketing alignment. This position requires the individual to work both collaboratively in a multi-team environment and independently. MDG is looking for a team member with high attention to detail and multi-tasking abilities. The sales and marketing coordinator will help the marketing and sales team execute initiatives while staying focused on our vision to Feed, Clean and Save the World.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Help the company determine key product lines that require increased focus and effort for increasing top line and bottom-line objectives.
- Be responsible for product vision, road map, roll out, education and post-sell satisfaction leading to repeat business. Must have the ability to pioneer, adapt and overcome roadblocks that inhibit success.
- Partner with external and internal stakeholders to understand success metrics related to key product responsibilities.
- Able to overcome silos and roadblocks in a single bound.
- Ability to uncover customer pain points, needs, seek win-win solutions, and provide straight forward messaging with products that are confusing, require significant education and movement beyond innovators and early adopters.
- Seeking to Feed, Clean and Save the Word while providing customer profitability by applying scientifically driven microbial products.
- · Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams to achieve necessary results
- Strong understanding of market segmentation and ability to create content to respective audience
- Track and manage data fields within Salesforce and Pardot to gain understanding of customers and marketing efforts
- Examine the needs, wants, and purchasing patterns of target audience
- Assist in handling urgent customer requests and acting as an internal liaison on behalf of sales team
- Gather insight reports and data on customers in relation to marketing efforts
- Comfortable inputting and interpreting data in order to draw sensible conclusions
- Planning and producing compelling content for both print and web, including articles, newsletters, sales collateral, and social media with minimal assistance and supervision
- Ability to transform communications created by executives (sometimes very technical) into simplified messaging to an audience
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with an eye for detail, ensuring content stays on brand and is customized for the appropriate audience across digital channels
- An interest or experience building out automated emails (within Pardot or other) to support lead generation initiatives
- Understanding of how to create and present persuasive content
- Collaborate in the building of communication plans to identify key communication tactics for assigned market
- Strong communication skills with ability to create and present training material to internal teams
- Knowledge of SEO best practices for web content and collateral
- Ability to review content for accuracy, flow, grammar, punctuation, and spelling·
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Management, Sales; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 or more years of marketing or sales experience preferred
- Customer-service minded individual
- Pardot and Salesforce experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Interest in learning new skills and enjoys variation in their work
- Excellent verbal/written communication and computer skills required
- Thinks outside of the box, problem-solver
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, able to manage to-do list
- Extremely organized with the ability to adhere to timelines, coordinate meetings and presentations, and delegate and prioritize tasks independently
- Highly collaborative, sees the importance of cross-department alignment
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivated, skills to work independently as well as with a team
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize important tasks
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Culture Index Survey
To apply for a position, please click the “apply” button below and follow instructions to apply through Indeed, please then also copy and paste the link below to apply directly to our website application process. This will also include taking the culture index survey. The culture index survey helps with the process of finding great people. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered. Thank you for your consideration.