- Justin Reminger
- July 11, 2023
MDG is an R&D driven microbial cultivation and fermentation company. MDG provides bioaugmentation products and solutions for a multitude of industries. Microbial Discovery Group excels in new product innovation, customer focused manufacturing and technical support expertise.
The Bioprocess Engineer position will be responsible for scale up and technology transfer from lab/pilot scale to manufacturing. The position will collaborate with multiple departments to investigate and help resolve problems in fermentation, freeze drying, spray drying and other downstream manufacturing processes and equipment.
Bioprocess Engineer Responsibilities:
- Scale up fermentation, freeze drying and spray drying processes from lab/pilot scale to manufacturing.
- Work closely with multiple departments to identify and implement process innovations that will increase production yields, equipment reliability and overall process performance.
- Develop and execute scalable bioreactor operating and control strategies. Working knowledge of batch, fed-batch and continuous fermentation is desired.
- Operate and conduct routine maintenance of fermentation laboratory equipment.
- Utilize pilot process data for developing operational narratives.
- Troubleshoot and provide active support to resolve issues in manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with Quality Control and Research & Development teams to create SOPs for existing and new processes.
- Conduct detailed analysis, compile and report experimental results to the manufacturing team.
- Assist with commissioning, planning and execution of facility expansion activities. This includes participating in equipment installations, validation and start-up.
- Keep up to date on current literature and trends in the state of the art of fermentation, freeze drying, spray drying and downstream processing.
Process Engineer Job Qualification Requirements:
- Depth of experience working and succeeding in a document change controlled, regulated, cGMP production environment.
- Ability to utilize P&IDs and understand or rapidly learn basic function and mission critical parameters of most processing equipment and automation.
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude and engineering skill.
- Very meticulous and methodical in problem solving, validation and root cause analysis.
- Detail-oriented with proven organization and coordination skills and continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work as a part of inter and intra-departmental teams and change review board.
- Position is onsite and involves travel to MDG’s fermentation and production facilities.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology and 5 > years of relevant experience.
Relevant Job Experience:
- Chemical process, biotech, fermentation or pharmaceutical engineering environments
- Hands-on experience with bioreactors, centrifuges, freeze dryers and spray dryers
- Working knowledge of batch, fed-batch and continuous fermentation
Culture Index Survey
To apply for a position, please click the “apply” button below and follow instructions to apply through Indeed. After submitting your application, follow the “Fill Out Survey” link below to apply directly to our website application process. This will also include taking the culture index survey. The culture index survey helps with the process of finding great people. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered. Thank you for your consideration.