Microbiologist I R&D
- January 13, 2023
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
MDG is currently looking for a highly motivated, early-career scientist to become a member of our Research and Development team. This is a Microbiologist position that requires a bachelor’s degree typically with 1-3 years of professional experience, including internships and undergraduate research positions. The candidate must possess a strong foundation in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, and/or computational biology. This is predominantly a lab-based role focusing on fundamental research and has minimal responsibilities and frequent guidance from a manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Position is an entry level R&D role; however, it does have the possibility to evolve into increased responsibilities and project management as the team and company grow.
- Performs a variety of microbiological, molecular, analytical, and computational assays for testing needs.
- Performs routine lab and equipment maintenance, such as cleaning glassware, counter tops, and equipment.
- Develops, evaluates, and implements protocol improvements.
- Analyzes data, formulates conclusions, and determines future experiments.
- Practical knowledge of MS Excel for data analysis, graph, and figure creation
- A successful candidate will possess high problem solving and critical thinking skills pertaining to research troubleshooting and project development.
- Communicates projects with collaborative teams and managers.
- Presents work to colleagues, customers, and at conferences.
- Applied and functional knowledge of specialized skillsets such as cell culture, immunological biomarkers, HPLC, LC-MS or GC-MS, Python/R coding, bioinformatics, or flow cytometry.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or related field or equivalent professional experience
Culture Index Survey
To apply for a position, please click the “apply” button below and follow instructions to apply through Indeed. After submitting your application, follow the “Fill Out Survey” link below to apply directly to our website application process. This will also include taking the culture index survey. The culture index survey helps with the process of finding great people. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered. Thank you for your consideration.