Microbial Product Manager
- February 8, 2021
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
This ideal individual will be a forward-thinking individual who is customer centric, technical in nature with a strong ability to collaborate with scientists, production, technical support, sales, Senior Management, and downstream marketing stake holders. The ability to be accountable and responsible for key product P&L with having only influence as your major strength, will be key to success.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Help the company determine key product lines that require increased focus and effort for increasing top line and bottom-line objectives.
- Be responsible for product vision, road map, roll out, education and post-sell satisfaction leading to repeat business. Must have the ability to pioneer, adapt and overcome roadblocks that inhibit success.
- Partner with external and internal stakeholders to understand success metrics related to key product responsibilities.
- Able to overcome silos and roadblocks in a single bound.
- Ability to uncover customer pain points, needs, seek win-win solutions, and provide straight forward messaging with products that are confusing, require significant education and movement beyond innovators and early adopters.
- Seeking to Feed, Clean and Save the Word while providing customer profitability by applying scientifically driven microbial products.
- 5 or more years of product management experience with experience in microbial or scientific products markets a plus
- Excellent verbal/written communication and computer skills required.
- Availability for daily, overnight and at times multiple day travel
- Candidate must demonstrate a successful track record of product line management.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Passion to Feed, Clean and Save the World
Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of product strategy, timeline management with the ability to “herd cats”
- Background with product strategy related to microbial markets a plus. Experience in the human probiotics industry would help provide support for our custom fermentation customers.
- Must be able to think outside of the box while having laser focus on key initiatives and priorities.
- Thoughts and activities are concerned with long-term strategies and consequences.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity where there are no clear markers, no sure bets or mathematical formulas assuring success.
- The individual will approach assignments with a strong drive to master and complete any, and all assignments.
- Will have the drive and initiative to sometimes travel with our sales personnel to better understand our customer needs.
- Able to work closely and collaboratively at all levels of management including scientifically driven CEO, research, technical support, production, and marketing.
- Must thrive in an environment with changing priorities, new information, low resources but is excited by the need to overcome and even pioneer and open new opportunities.
- Overcomer of obstacles in a collaborative and relationship building manner.
Typical Working Conditions
- This position requires working in both an office and a laboratory setting, with most of the time spent in the laboratory.
- Some job responsibilities require using chemicals, high-pressure laboratory systems, biological materials, and toxic chemicals. All required safety training and personal protective equipment are provided by MDG.
Culture Index Survey
To apply for a position, please click the “apply” button below and follow instructions to apply through Indeed, please then also copy and paste the link below to apply directly to our website application process. This will also include taking the culture index survey. The culture index survey helps with the process of finding great people. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered. Thank you for your consideration.