Maintenance Technician (5+ years experience)
- April 13, 2021
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
MDG is looking for a Maintenance Technician who has 5+ years of experience in the field. We are looking for someone who is “hands-on”, has excellent diagnostic skills, can keep things running smoothly, work with contractors for maintenance tasks that are outside of core skill sets, develop a Preventive Maintenance (PM) plan, establish a spare parts inventory, and be an integral part of the team that plans and builds the next round of expansion. The work is fun, full of variety, and challenging. If this sounds like you, we strongly encourage you to apply!
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Ensures the proper operation of the following plant equipment:
- Bioreactors (fermentation vessels)
- Refrigeration Equipment
- Troubleshoots and isolates equipment problems (mechanical and electrical)
- Implements repairs while minimizing impact to production
- Establishes and adheres to preventive maintenance schedules using web-based preventative maintenance software.
- Documents all maintenance and repair activities
- Establish a spare parts inventory
- Coordinates with outside mechanical and electrical contractors to perform work outside of MDG core competencies
- Works closely with Quality Control department to assure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assignments
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical I Electrical Engineering or equivalent industrial experience.
- 5+ years of experience in installing and maintaining plant floor mechanical and electrical systems
- Manufacturing, fermentation or chemical product operations experience highly desirable
- Keen troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience with industrial equipment such as steam generators, refrigeration, and air compressors
- Knowledge of industrial components and instrumentation
- Must be able to interpret and understand technical documents such as P&ID’s, Equipment Lists, Logic Diagrams, and Schematics.
- Knowledge of industrial computer systems, PLC’s, HMl’s, motor controls, and power technologies
- Knowledge of specialized equipment such as bioreactors, centrifuges, and freeze dryers is desired
- AutoCAD familiarity
- Demonstrates proficient computer skills, especially with MS Office and database applications
- Expertise with biotechnology operations including fermentation and CIP/SIP is preferred
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic math skills
- Ability to complete projects within specified timelines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated. Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- PLC/HMI programming experience a bonus
- Ability to work well with others
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Culture Index Survey
To apply for a position, please click the “apply” button below and follow instructions to apply through Indeed, please then also copy and paste the link below to apply directly to our website application process. This will also include taking the culture index survey. The culture index survey helps with the process of finding great people. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered. Thank you for your consideration.