- Justin Reminger
- January 13, 2023
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
Summary/Purpose of Position:
The Maintenance Supervisor position is responsible for upkeep of all building and equipment maintenance programs. The position will coordinate all maintenance activities, including installing, inspecting, diagnosing and repairing equipment at the facility, working closely with Engineering.
- Lead building and equipment maintenance activities and repairs
- Plan, organize and prioritize work schedules for routine, emergency and planned maintenance, working closely with Engineering
- Provide effective equipment troubleshooting assistance and identify solutions to improve uptime and reliability, while minimizing impact to production
- Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- Establish and adhere to Preventive Maintenance program
- Documents all maintenance and repair activities
- Responsible for proper usage of Maintenance Management System (CMMS software)
- Maintain inventory of all equipment parts and supplies
- Assist in preparing budget or repair cost estimates
- Support for non-routine work hours
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
Specialized Job/Technical Knowledge:
- Experience with industrial equipment such as steam generators, refrigeration, and air compressors
- Knowledge of industrial components and instrumentation
- Must be able to interpret and understand technical documents such as P&ID’s, Equipment Lists, Logic
- Diagrams, and Schematics.
- Knowledge of industrial computer systems, PLC’s, HMl’s, motor controls, and power technologies preferred
- Knowledge of bioreactors, centrifuges, freeze dryer, spray dryer, rotary and ribbon blender, pin /comil mill operations is desired
- AutoCAD familiarity
- PLC/HMI programming experience a bonus
Non-technical skills and abilities:
- Keen troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience leading and training teams
- Demonstrates proficient computer skills, especially with MS Office and CMMS applications
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic math skills
- Ability to complete projects within specified timelines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as a part of inter and intra-departmental teams
- Self-motivated. Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- Ability to work well with others
Quality and Food Safety:
- Work closely with Quality Control (QC) Department to assure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Responsible for compliance with maintaining facility cleanliness, post maintenance cleaning, and preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for accurate documentation on all records.
Culture Index Survey
To apply for a position, please click the “apply” button below and follow instructions to apply through Indeed. After submitting your application, follow the “Fill Out Survey” link below to apply directly to our website application process. This will also include taking the culture index survey. The culture index survey helps with the process of finding great people. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered. Thank you for your consideration.