Job Posting: Project Microbiologist I
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
Position Summary: The primary function or purpose of this position is to complete a wide variety of research and development (R&D) projects. This position requires working closely with the group manager at times but spending most of the time working independently in a laboratory setting.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Study growth, structure, development, and general characteristics of bacteria and other microorganisms
- Collaborate with a team of R&D scientists, technical support representatives, and sales staff on a variety of customer-focused R&D projects
- Assist supervisor in the design and planning of experiments, then independently carry out experiments in the laboratory
- Maintain adequate records for all projects, including, data entry, analysis, interpretations, and conclusions
- Prepare technical reports and present data analysis and conclusions to supervisor and team members
- Prioritize time to manage multiple projects and meet project deadlines
- Stay current with relevant scientific literature
- Handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity
Minimum Job Qualification Requirements:
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology or other biological sciences
- 0-3 years of experience in a laboratory setting
- Knowledge of basic microbiology laboratory techniques
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the proper use and preparation of culture media, chemicals, and reagents
- Knowledge of microbiology techniques, terminology, equipment, and supplies
- Basic computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel to analyze data and prepare graphs
- Ability to manage multiple projects and complete them within specified timelines.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions effectively
- Good attention to detail and ability to maintain records accurately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
Typical Working Conditions:
- This position requires working in both an office and a laboratory setting
- Some job responsibilities require using chemicals, high-pressure laboratory systems, biological materials, and toxic chemicals. All required safety training and personal protective equipment is provided by MDG
- Job Type: Full-time, Monday- Friday 8am-5pm
Culture Index Survey:
In order to be considered for any position at MDG, we ask that you complete a Culture Index Survey. This survey helps with the process of finding great people who are a mutual fit. Please note that those that do not complete the culture index will not be considered.