Job Posting: Industrial & Institutional Outside Sales
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
MDG is seeking an intrapreneurial and business development-minded Outside Sales professional who is eager to take advantage of uncapped earning potential.
MDG offers a strong base with no cap on potential earnings. MDG is looking for a B2B outside sales account manager familiar with the biotechnology and chemical manufacturing markets.
- Position available in various U.S. regions. National sales representatives will also be considered.
- Base salary with uncapped commission plan and opportunities for advancement
- Thorough benefits package
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Regularly sell to biotechnology and chemical manufacturing and distribution companies
- Provide regular support and customer service to MDG customers
- Close new business and hit revenue targets
- Lead the client onboarding process
- Maintain accounts. In some accounts, the salesperson will work with inside sales to maintain account follow-through
Minimum Job Qualifications/Requirements
- 2 or more years of sales experience in Industrial, Institutional, Chemical, Biotech or Sanitation sales
- Experience in microbiology preferred
- Goal-oriented, self-driven and entrepreneurial
- Social and persuasive personality, with a strong ability to focus and close deals
- Excellent verbal/written communication and computer skills required
- Some sales management experience is a plus
- Ability to lift 50 lbs occasionally
- Availability for daily, overnight and at times multiple-day travel
- Candidate must demonstrate a successful track record of closing new business and hitting revenue targets
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- National Sales candidates must live near a major airport
- Able to build business through Trust, Value, and Relationships
- Passion to Feed, Clean and Save the World
Culture Index Survey
In order to be considered for any position at MDG, we ask that you complete a Culture Index Survey. This survey helps with the process of finding great people who are a mutual fit. Please note that those that do not complete the culture index will not be considered.
Other Key Resources: