Job Posting: Environmental Field Service Representative
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
- The primary function will be to work with sales and marketing to provide technical support to water treatment service and distribution companies partnered with MDG in providing successful treatment programs.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Hands-on work, such as testing, sampling, and equipment installation in the field with our clients
- Work with the sales staff to help train clients and maintain accounts through occasional site visits and troubleshooting.
- Help develop, write and edit documents such as technical bulletins, proposals, reports, and training materials.
- Work with R&D to develop improved support service offerings, field testing tools and data for clients.
Minimum Job Qualification Requirements
- One to five years of water or environmental remediation experience in support, sales or engineering
- Technical understanding of water and wastewater treatment processes
- Strong organization and follow through
- Excellent listening, training and presentation skills
- Adaptable to work with the changing dynamics of customer needs
- A desire to build and grow with the company and industry
- Excellent verbal/written communication and computer skills required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Availability for daily, overnight, and at times multiple day travel (50%)
- Ability to handle multiple projects and situations.
- MS in either Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences or Engineering. BS with additional years of industrial experience also considered.
Culture Index Survey
In order to be considered for any position at MDG, we ask that you complete a Culture Index Survey. This survey helps with the process of finding great people who are a mutual fit. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered.
Other Key Resources
- Wastewater Treatment
- Wastewater Programs
- Biotifx®: Innovating Wastewater Solutions
- Under the Microscope: Josiah Menako