Job Posting: Blend Production Technician
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
The Blend Production Technician (BPT) will provide support in the daily operation of equipment used in blending, sampling, packaging, and shipping production orders.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties
Although the focus of the Production Technician will primarily be supporting the blending operation, other duties will be shared as determined by the Production Manager. An expanded list of responsibilities follows:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintains a high level of sterile awareness
- Operates equipment in a safe manner
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Support for occasional non-routine work hours
- Occasionally assist fermentation personnel as needed
- Blend Processing and Order Fulfillment
- Gather and weigh ingredients for blend processing
- Select the blender to use based on order size and/or machine constraints
- Add ingredients to the chosen blender and process per production orders
- Submit samples from the blend to Quality Control for testing
- Package product per production orders after Quality Control release
- Label product per production orders
- Pack product on pallets and secure for shipping
- Load product on carrier trailers and process shipping documents
- Receive, log and sample inbound shipments/materials as necessary
- Maintain accurate inventory records
Job Qualification Requirements
- Associates or Bachelors degree, or equivalent college experience preferred, but a High School degree with relevant prior experience will be considered.
Relevant Job Experience
- High level of independence and initiative is required.
- Experience within a production environment, blended products is preferred.
- Inventory management, material handling, measuring, blending, sampling, packaging, and shipping skills are desired.
Specialized Job/Technical Knowledge
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Can recognize equipment malfunctions and understands basic, routine maintenance.
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic math skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of production methods for liquid and dry blended products.
- Operates relevant equipment based on standard operating procedures.
- GMP and HACCP experience is a plus
Non-Technical Skills and Abilities
- Ability to complete projects within specified timelines
- Ability to read and follow instructions for mixing and/or blending products
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds periodically
- Ability to work around liquid and dry chemicals (including biological ingredients)
- Follow all company safety procedures and safety regulations
- Understand how to find and use SDS information
- Use proper personal protective equipment
Typical Work Environment
- Plant environment, not temperature controlled. Working around steam, pressure points, chemicals, and other potential hazards.
- A willingness to assume additional duties as assigned is required.
Culture Index Survey
In order to be considered for any position at MDG, we ask that you complete a Culture Index Survey. This survey helps with the process of finding great people who are a mutual fit. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered.
Other Key Resources