- Justin Reminger
- June 21, 2021
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
MDG is seeking a Fermentation Scientist that has experience in optimizing and developing scale-up fermentation processes with specific knowledge of fed-batch strategies. The ideal candidate will also have experience with HPLC or related technologies. The individual should be goal-oriented, forward-thinking and self-motivated with a strong ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other scientists, production, technical support, sales and Senior Management teams.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Develop new or improve existing fermentation process parameters by employing knowledge of fed-batch or other related feeding strategies.
- Develop new or improve existing culture medium for microbial strains.
- Develop strategies to improve the overall reliability and productivity of fermentation processes at MDG.
- Collaborate with production, process development and QC teams to identify problems or opportunities for continuous improvements.
- Independently selects techniques and procedures to solve problems within area of responsibility.
- Develop, evaluate and implement detailed experimental projects within area of responsibility.
- Draw conclusions, present project results and make recommendations to management team.
- Handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity.
- Perform related work and other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications/Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in science or a related field and 3+ years of experience in media and process development within the fermentation industry.
- Experience in developing fed-batch fermentation processes and knowledge in high-throughput fermentation screening a plus.
- Experience with HPLC, UHPLC, LC-MS or related.
Culture Index Survey
To apply for a position, please click the “apply” button below and follow instructions to apply through Indeed, please then also copy and paste the link below to apply directly to our website application process. This will also include taking the culture index survey. The culture index survey helps with the process of finding great people. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered. Thank you for your consideration.