- July 11, 2023
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
Summary/Purpose of Position:
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the COO and executive team and communicating objectives between department. This dynamic position requires the ability anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionally and confidentiality.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Draft and prepare correspondence for internal announcements, management meetings, and organizations that the executive is involved with.
- Assist and prepare in presentations, agendas, reports, special projects, and other documents.
- Supports COO / Exec in meetings by taking notes and assuming responsibility for completion of action items.
- Drafts letters, emails, reports, and other correspondence on behalf of the COO/Exec.
- Represent the company and the Executive in a positive light through great follow-through skills and sound judgment.
- Conserve the Executive’s time by reading, researching, collecting and analyzing information as needed, in advance.
- Manages the COO/Exec calendar and prioritizes their time and schedule.
- Acts as the liaison between COO and other executives, clients, and stakeholders to ensure consistent communication and ensuring involvement or decision-making at the proper time.
- Ensures timely and effective completion of projects and initiatives of the COO.
- Excellent communication and time management skills; proven ability to meet deadlines
- Manage sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Arrange travel and accommodations for executives. Prepare expense reports as needed.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment; performs additional duties as assigned by executives
Relevant Job Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related experience required in working in an executive assistant role
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
Non-Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Passion to Feed, Clean and Save the World
- Team-oriented and driven mindset
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible hours as dictated by the needs of business for projects and meetings.
Culture Index Survey
To apply for a position, please click the “apply” button below and follow instructions to apply through Indeed. After submitting your application, follow the “Fill Out Survey” link below to apply directly to our website application process. This will also include taking the culture index survey. The culture index survey helps with the process of finding great people. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered. Thank you for your consideration.