Blending Operator I (First Shift)
- November 8, 2021
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
The Blending Operator I will provide support in the daily operation of equipment used in blending, sampling, packaging and shipping production orders. Other duties will be shared as determined by the Production Manager. An expanded list of responsibilities follows:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintains a high level of sterile awareness
- Operates equipment in a safe manner
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Support for occasional non-routine work hours
- Occasionally assist fermentation personnel as needed
- Blend Processing and Order Fulfillment
- Gather and weigh ingredients for blend processing
- Select the blender to use based on order size and/or machine constraints
- Add ingredients to the chosen blender and process per production orders
- Submit samples from the blend to Quality Control for testing
- Package product per production orders after Quality Control release
- Label product per production orders
- Pack product on pallets and secure for shipping
- Load product on carrier trailers and process shipping documents
- Receive, log and sample inbound shipments/materials as necessary
- Maintain accurate inventory records
- An associate or Bachelors’s degree, or equivalent college experience is preferred, but a High School degree with relevant prior experience will be considered.
Relevant Job Experience
- High level of independence and initiative is required.
- Experience within a production environment, blended products is preferred.
- Inventory management, material handling, measuring, blending, sampling, packaging and shipping skills are desired.
Specialized Job/Technical Knowledge
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Can recognize equipment malfunctions and understands basic, routine maintenance.
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic math skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of production methods for liquid and dry blended products.
- Operates relevant equipment based on standard operating procedures.
- GMP and HACCP experience is a plus
Culture Index Survey
To apply for a position, please click the “apply” button below and follow instructions to apply through Indeed. After submitting your application, follow the “Fill Out Survey” link below to apply directly to our website application process. This will also include taking the culture index survey. The culture index survey helps with the process of finding great people. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered. Thank you for your consideration.