Environmental Microbiologist II
- November 8, 2021
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
Summary/Purpose of Position
Microbial Discovery Group is seeking an R&D scientist with experience in environmental science, microbiology, or chemistry to work in collaboration with a team of R&D scientists to develop bioremediation technologies. This position requires a bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of professional experience or an advanced degree with a focus on microbiology or environmental science.
- Develop microbial solutions for waste treatment and remediation of environmental contaminants
- Understand and apply advanced statistical methods
- Independently designs and executes experimental projects
- Develops protocols and performs experiments using microbiological techniques and analytical chemistry techniques and equipment, i.e. HPLC and/or mass spectrometry
- Evaluates data and prepares conclusions in alignment with business directives
- Collaborates with R&D scientists as well as other departments to identify problems or opportunities for continuous improvement
- Prioritizes time to maintain project deadlines and adapts to changes in product objectives and priorities
- Coauthors and presents scientific posters and papers and assists with preparing patents
- Prepares high level written reports, technical notes and presentations for external and internal customers
- Knowledgeably and safely handles hazardous chemicals and/or biohazardous materials
- Handles and protects confidential and sensitive data with integrity
- Keep organized and comprehensive records of data, results, and reports
- Performs related work and other duties, as assigned
Culture Index Survey
To apply for a position, please click the “apply” button below and follow instructions to apply through Indeed, please then also copy and paste the link below to apply directly to our website application process. This will also include taking the culture index survey. The culture index survey helps with the process of finding great people. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered. Thank you for your consideration.