EHS Specialist / Safety Coordinator
- June 10, 2021
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
The EHS Specialist will work closely with management in directing occupational health and safety programs at the plant level while ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations and standards.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Assess and manage safety and environmental programs and initiatives.
- Implement and follow compliance with company safety policies and procedures, and all federal, state, and local OSHA regulations (i.e., Lockout, Haz Com, etc.).
- Maintain and support management with completion of Safety Action Plans and reporting.
- Implement and execute strategic Job Safety Analysis and/or behavioral control measures to prevent workplace injuries.
- Exercise a leadership, coordination, and communication role with management to drive continuous safety improvement.
- Demonstrate professional ability to act as a change leader by influencing all levels of the organization to drive continuous improvement in safety performance.
- Assess and manage the chemical/waste management initiatives.
- Maintain RCI database.
- Provide employee communication/awareness through monthly newsletter & safety engagements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Safety, Environmental, And Other Regulatory Program Requirements:
- Ensure the shop floor follows all regulations and policies.
- Ensure GMP, including Allergens, and Housekeeping is maintained at a high level within the department.
- Supervises employees to ensure safety, quality, and productivity, disciplining or retraining as needed.
- Oversee and or conducts shift training of new or existing employees.
- Responsible for documenting all safety/accident incidents.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Health and Safety Preferred.
- Associates Degree in Occupational Health and Safety with 2 yrs. EHS experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Detailed knowledge of OSHA and other applicable industry environmental, health and safety standards
- Knowledge and experience with EHS auditing
Work Environment / Work Conditions:
- Works in both office and plant environment.
- Travel to plant locations is required.
- Must wear proper personal protective equipment while on the plant floor.
Culture Index Survey
To apply for a position, please click the “apply” button below and follow instructions to apply through Indeed, please then also copy and paste the link below to apply directly to our website application process. This will also include taking the culture index survey. The culture index survey helps with the process of finding great people. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered. Thank you for your consideration.