Corporate Accounting Analyst
- Justin Reminger
- January 13, 2023
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
MDG is seeking a highly qualified Corporate Accounting Analyst who can grasp vital processes and operations of the business, work with a diverse staff, and excel in a dynamic ever evolving environment. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, collaborative, intellectually curious individual that leans into change, improves processes, and is motivated towards a common goal. This person will ideally have a Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, as well as 4+ years of related experience in working in accounting and supply chain functions.
Summary/Purpose of Position
The Corporate Accounting Analyst is responsible for providing analytical financial insights and the management of the full procurement cycle. This dynamic position requires the highest level of ability to investigate billing and purchasing inaccuracies and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionality and confidentiality. The ideal candidate must also have the ability anticipate needs and think critically.
- Work with managers to develop the organization’s budget
- Monitor organizational spending to ensure that it is within budget
- Estimate future financial needs
- Collecting and analyzing data about a company’s operational costs
- Setting standard costs of manufactured goods
- Developing and analyzing cost standards
- Analyze and interpret accounting records
- Monitor disbursements (such as payments to vendors) and research problems to identify issues and recommend solutions
- Help present financial data, progress, and performance metrics information for briefings and other presentations
- Responsible for providing all activities necessary to process invoices/checks, and other business expenses.
- Work with existing and new vendors to establish proper payment methods and establish purchase orders
- Reviews invoices and supporting documentation for proper approval for payment
- Investigate discrepancies by effectively communicating with vendors and others outside the department
- Assigns accounts numbers to all items to be processed through the accounts payable system
- Monitor estimated payables against received invoices and calculate variances
- Facilitate processing of invoices to ensure payments can be scheduled according to Purchase Order and payment terms
- Negotiate pricing with vendors and work to minimize the impact of cost increases
- Work to maintain inventory levels that minimize excess inventory and stock outs
- Review and establish blanket purchase orders where appropriate
- Responsible for maintaining best prices for all manufacturing areas, maintenance department, lab supplies, and office supplies
- Coordinate with all departments to monitor inventory to ensure accuracy
- Coordinate with all departments to properly record daily movement of inventory
- Lead annual physical inventory
- All other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of related experience required in working in accounting and supply chain functions.
- Strong Accounting background preferred.
- Exhibit strong problem solving, deductive reasoning and decision-making skills.
- Ability to analyze complex transactions required.
- Demonstrate strong math aptitude, attention to detail, and sense of urgency.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Perform work in a reliable manner that is both accurate and timely.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Technological adaptability or thrives with learning new systems
- Experience with ERP system and/or Power BI is a plus.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Passion to Feed, Clean and Save the World
- Team-oriented and driven mindset
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly growing company
Culture Index Survey
To apply for a position, please click the “apply” button below and follow instructions to apply through Indeed. After submitting your application, follow the “Fill Out Survey” link below to apply directly to our website application process. This will also include taking the culture index survey. The culture index survey helps with the process of finding great people. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered. Thank you for your consideration.