Assistant Production Manager
- Justin Reminger
- June 7, 2021
Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
Assistant Production Manager will be responsible for assisting the Production Manager with overall operations, scheduling, and performance of the shop floor to meet customer and production requirements and specifications. This role will assist with operation assignments, job training, compliance to process requirements and company procedures/policies. Performs all duties according to company procedures, management directives, and ship/ customer orders with emphasis on quality, defect prevention, and effective problem-solving communication with managers, operators, and staff.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Create blend formulas and release to production
- Manage production scheduling and workforce staffing to achieve specified order delivery dates.
- Direct workload balancing based on production schedules.
- Assure operators have the necessary knowledge (training), equipment, access to materials and information necessary to perform their jobs.
- Maintain acceptable product quality to meet specifications.
- Initiate and support continuous improvement activities as related to cost, quality, delivery, and customer satisfaction.
- Manage organizing, directing, and/ or conducting equipment repair and maintenance.
- Accurately complete necessary shop orders and other production paperwork.
- Lead Inventory management (Reduce inventory 30%)
- Handle and protect confidential data with integrity
- Maintain organized materials, equipment, and tooling storage areas.
- Maintain an acceptable level of housekeeping in all production areas.
- Provide a new product or process evaluation/ implementation support.
Enforce Safety, Environmental, And Other Regulatory Program Requirements.
- Ensure the shop floor is in compliance with all regulations and policies.
- Ensure GMP, including Allergens, and Housekeeping is maintained at a high level within the department
- Supervises employees to ensure safety, quality and productivity, disciplining or retraining as needed
- Direct all personnel on designated shifts
- Schedule and conduct production meetings with shift personnel.
- Oversee and or conducts shift training of new or existing employees.
- Responsible for documenting all safety/accident incidents.
- Other duties as assigned and/or as business demands.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 2/4yr technical degree and/or related field (experience may be considered in lieu of education)
- 4 years experience in industrial/manufacturing (preferably some supervisory or management experience)
- Knowledge of mechanical processing
- Must be able to read and comprehend work instructions shop orders, shipping papers, etc.
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Organizational skills are a must
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Basic math comprehension (decimal, fractional & metric)
- Microsoft Office/ computer applications proficiency
- Training, team development, and leadership skill
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
Culture Index Survey
To apply for a position, please click the “apply” button below and follow instructions to apply through Indeed, please then also copy and paste the link below to apply directly to our website application process. This will also include taking the culture index survey. The culture index survey helps with the process of finding great people. Those who do not complete the culture index will not be considered. Thank you for your consideration.