Microbial Discovery Group is a Bacillus fermentation company focused on the commercialization of microbials for wastewater, bioremediation, aquaculture, consumer and institutional markets while additionally partnering with customers to fulfill their custom fermentation needs. MDG refines and delivers products and ideas by applying Real Science to a Trusted Process, yielding Proven Success.
Position Summary: Microbial Discovery Group (MDG) in Franklin, WI seeks self-driven, goal-oriented wastewater regional sales professionals. Positions available in Northeast, Southeast, Northern Midwest, or Southern Midwest regions. National sales representatives will also be considered.
The candidate will regularly search for wastewater and distribution companies who will partner with MDG to provide successful treatment programs. The position will provide regular support and customer service. The salesperson will work with technical staff to help train clients and maintain accounts. In some accounts, the salesperson will work with inside sales to maintain account follow through.
This position has a competitive base salary, uncapped commission potential, and opportunities for advancement. Work in a culture where people are valued and the company core values include Trust, Value and Relationships and a passion to Feed, Clean and Save the World.
The ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of sales experience, ideally in some area of wastewater treatment or wastewater equipment sales.
- Base salary with a commission plan
- Thorough benefits package
- Full-time employment status
- Three or more years of sales experience, preferably wastewater sales.
- Goal oriented, self-driven and entrepreneurial
- Social and persuasive personality, with a strong ability to focus and close deals
- Excellent verbal/written communication and computer skills required
- Some wastewater experience a plus
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. occasionally and do some hands-on work in the field with wastewater clients
- Availability for daily, overnight, and at times multiple day travels
- Candidate must demonstrate a successful track record of closing new business and hitting revenue targets
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- National Sales candidates must live near a major airport
- Able to build business through Trust, Value, and Relationships.
- Passion to Feed, Clean and Save the World.
Culture Index Survey:
In order to be considered for any position at MDG, we ask that you complete a Culture Index Survey. This survey helps with the process of finding great people who are a mutual fit. Please note that those that do not complete the culture index will not be considered.
- Wastewater Treatment
- Wastewater Programs
- Wastewater Approach
- Bioaugmentation Market Opportunity
- MDG Facility Tour